Type de contratCDD
Founded in 2006, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), is an African-led African-based organization that seeks to catalyze Agriculture Transformation in Africa. AGRA is focused on putting smallholder farmers at the center of the continent’s growing economy by transforming agriculture from a solitary struggle to survive into farming as a business that thrives. As the sector that employs the majority of Africa’s people, nearly all of them small-scale farmers, AGRA recognizes that developing smallholder agriculture into a productive, efficient, and sustainable system is essential to ensuring food security, lifting millions out of poverty, and driving equitable growth across the continent.
Under its 5-year strategy, AGRA looks to catalyze and sustain an Inclusive Agricultural Transformation in Africa to increase incomes and improve food security for 30 million farmers. Under this strategy, AGRA will deliver through an approach that simultaneously catalyzes change at farmer level, strengthens input and output market systems and puts government at the center to enable and champion private-sector-led agricultural growth at national level.
To Support the M&EL function in Burkina Faso, Ghana and Mali, AGRA is seeking to recruit three Interns. The interns will be based in Ouagadougou (Burkina Faso), Accra (Ghana) and Bamako (Mali) with approximately 30% travel in the project site in their country of assignment.
The Interns will be involved in checking data quality, producing monthly monitoring reports and quarterly grant status reports as well as supporting the M&E Officers in their roles.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
As part of the internship program the intern will:
• Support mapping of indicators and targets for new grants in AMIS;
• Conduct data quality assessment missions;
• Contribute in checking data reported by grantees in AMIS with respect to manual IPTT and narrative reports uploaded;
• Liaise with grantees to make sure data reported are sufficiently disaggregated;
• Generate grant and consortia dashboards to support periodic reviews and planning;
• Contribute in production of monthly monitoring reports and quarterly grant status reports;
• Provide input into the design, implementation and dissemination of evaluations, special studies and assessments;
• Assist in the monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of activities; this may involve reviewing work plans, quarterly reports, participating in field visits, initiating regular portfolio reviews and contributing to program evaluations.
Academic, Professional Qualifications and Relevant experience:
• A least a recent master’s degree (obtained in 2018 latest) in agricultural economics, economics, statistics, rural development or projects’ management;
• Fluency in French and English required for Burkina and Mali candidates;
• Some theoretical and practical background in project design, Monitoring & Evaluation;
• Some knowledge or experience in the use of mobile data collection platforms including CSPro and CAPI tools;
• Some quantitative skills, including proficiency in the use of Microsoft Excel, and at least one statistical data analysis software;
• High degree of motivation, initiative, independence, reliability and wiliness to learn.
• No work experience required but a demonstration of experience in extra-curricular or non-academic activities of value will be an added advantage;
• Good verbal, written communication skills;
Terms of Employment
This is an internship position based in the different AGRA offices (Ouagadougou, Bamako & Accra). The initial contract will be for a period of three (3) months and the successful candidate shall receive a monthly stipend during this period.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, kindly submit your application with a detailed CV (including your e-mail and telephone contacts) to [email protected] Please quote the job reference number in the subject line of the application e-mail.
To be considered, applications must be received by 12th March 2020.
For more information on AGRA, applicants can visit www.agra.org
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
AGRA is an Equal Opportunity Employer